Startup Weekend Malacca (2016)
Startup Weekends are 54-hour events designed to provide superior experiential education for technical and non-technical entrepreneurs. Beginning with Friday night pitches and continuing through brainstorming, business plan development, and basic prototype creation, Startup Weekends culminate in Sunday night demos and presentations. Participants create working startups during the event and are able to collaborate with like-minded individuals outside of their daily networks. All teams will receive valuable feedback from local entrepreneurial. The weekend is centred around action, innovation, and education. Whether you are looking for feedback on an idea, a co-founder, specific skill sets, or a team to help you execute, Startup Weekends are the perfect environment in which to test your idea and take the first steps towards launching your own startup.
How this benefits you
- Awesome coaching by industry leaders
- Opportunities to meet and learn from mentors and judges
- Build a better understanding and able to active your long pending business
- Meet with industry leaders
- Lunch and dinner for the whole weekend
What you will get
- Mentor Sponsorship by MaGIC ( Malaysia Global Innovation & Creativity Centre)
- Being invited to MaGIC startup network & event which is not open to public
- Winning Team from MMU will be sponsored a Startup Scheme worth RM 8000 in the next cycle
- Winner will receive variable co-working space worth RM 600
- Free t-shirt
- 5:45 pm – 6:30 pm: Registration | Arrival of participants and participants get checked-in
- 6:30 pm- 7:15 pm: Dinner & Networking | Enjoy the food, get to know fellow participants, share ideas and practice pitches
- 7:30 pm – 8:00 pm: Welcoming Participants | Agenda review. Introducing speakers & mentors
- 8:00 pm – 9:00 pm: Pitches Start | Take turns to give your pitch. There is no limit on number of pitches
- 9:00 pm – 9:20 pm: Voting| Participants start to vote for the best pitches
- 9:20 pm – 9:30 pm: Team Forming | Group up into a team and start discussing for ideas
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am: Arrival of Participants | Gather in the team
- 9:45 am – 12:00 pm: 15-minutes talk | Learn to canvas & customer validation
- 12:00 pm – 12:40 pm: Lunch | Food and Drinks are ready
- 12:40 pm – 1:00 pm: Check-in | Get ready and start to call for help
- 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm: Design Clinic | Get help and guidance from mentor and work with them in this clinic
- 2:00 pm – 6:30 pm: Coaches Meeting | Coaches help teams one-on-one
- 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm: Dinner | Food and drinks are read
- 7:45 pm- 12:00 am: Check-in | Get ready. Status report and call for help
- 12:00 am: Wrap-up | End the day. Participants are most welcome to stay and work as late as the venue allow.
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am: Arrival of participants | Gather around in group
- 9:30 am – 10:00 am: Speaker giving speech | A word or two from speaker
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm: Check-in | Get ready to call for help
- 12:00 pm – 12:45 pm: Lunch | Final round of food
- 12:45 pm – 2:30 pm: Coaches Meetings | Last chance to get help. Ask as many questions as you want
- 2:30 pm- 2:45 pm: Arrival of Judges | Judges to be seated and participants preparing for their presentation
- 2:45 pm – 3:00 pm: Welcoming speech | Emcee will be welcoming
- 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Final presentation | Teams will take turns to present
- 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Judging and Awards | Judges will be evaluating each teams carefully and announce the winners
- 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm: Wrap up | Closing the event
- 7:00 pm: Event ended | Go Home!
About Startup Weekend: Startup Weekends are 54-hour events designed to provide superior experiential education for technical and non-technical entrepreneurs. Beginning with Friday night pitches and continuing through brainstorming, business plan development, and basic prototype creation, Startup Weekends culminate in Sunday night demos and presentations. Participants create working startups during the event and are able to collaborate with like-minded individuals outside of their daily networks. All teams hear talks by industry leaders and receive valuable feedback from local entrepreneurials. The weekend is centered around action, innovation, and education. Whether you are looking for feedback on a idea, a co-founder, specific skill sets, or a team to help you execute, Startup Weekends are the perfect environment in which to test your idea and take the first steps towards launching your own startup.
Terms of Participation Agreement: It is our job to provide you with an incredible networking and learning opportunity. Our intention is that you meet some amazing people that you might actually start a company with, build relationships with coaches, and learn from your peers. The event is intended to be a collaborative forum for sharing, learning, building, and having fun. As such, by registering as a participant, you acknowledge that any ideas shared by you or anyone else over the course of the event are contributions to the overall experience and community. If you as a participant are worried about someone stealing your ideas, please reconsider your participation in the event itself or simply refrain from sharing specifics about your idea.
As a member of your startup community, you agree to to be inclusive of any and all people and their ideas. You agree to act professionally, treat everyone with respect, and treat the event facilities with proper care. You agree that you are responsible for any accidents or damages that you cause. You also agree to not hold Startup Weekend, your local volunteer team, or any of the event supporters liable for any loss, damage, injury, or any other unforeseeable incident.
By Participating at the event, you grant Startup Weekend permission to capture photo/video of the event. You can find the exact legal terms on our FAQ Page but to summarize, we want to share your success with the world.
If you have enquiry, please feel free to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org :)
Refund Policy: No refunds will be granted within 7 days of the event if food and drink have already been ordered. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
- The event description was updated. Diff#185033 2016-08-08 10:56:23
[ Fri ] - [ Sun ]
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM MYT
- MULTIMEDIA UNIVERSITY, MALACCA CAMPUS
Early Bird SOLD OUT RM50.00 Student SOLD OUT RM30.00 General SOLD OUT RM80.00
- Venue Address
- Jalan Ayer Keroh Lama, 75450 Melaka, Malaysia Malaysia
Startup Weekend Malaysia550 Followers